Les Misérables Joint Production
We are excited to announce that we will be joining up with Jeter Backyard Theater (Gibsonia, PA) this fall to produce a fully online version of Les Misérables!
Students from all over the US are invited to join us.
See below for more information.
LES MISÉRABLES (School Edition)
Music by Claude Michel Schönberg Lyrics by Herbert Kretzmer
Story by Alain Boubil and Claude Michel Schönberg
Based on the novel by Victor Hugo
Tuition: $200 (due at registration)
Ages: 8 - 18
JOIN US AS WE COMBINE FORCES THIS FALL!
A new take on this amazing classic will be happening this fall as Ohlook and Jeter Backyard Theater team up to break the internet!
Rehearsals will be set based on participants schedules. Please have your weekly schedule ready when you register. We anticipate 2 days a week for not more than 2 hours at a time. Not all cast members will be called to all rehearsals.
Rehearsals will begin sometime the week of Sept. 1
Performances November 20, 21, 22 (Streaming)
Directed by: Jill Blalock Lord & Christie Jeter
Guidelines for Participation in Zoom Productions
1. You must have a computer or device that is dedicated to you during any live moments of the production and for rehearsals.
2. You must have reliable internet service.
3. You will need another device in order to play sound - the sound and the video need to be on separate devices in order to get the best result.
4. Earbuds or in ear headphones are needed for rehearsals and for any items that need to be recorded.
5. Many numbers will need to be pre-recorded for musicals. There will be a schedule of when these recordings are due and you must adhere to this schedule. If your videos are not submitted by the deadline you will not be in that number. (A schedule with audio & video deadlines and guidelines for how to record each will be given at the first rehearsal).
6. You will be expected to do many more "behind the scenes" jobs than in a normal musical. You will be taught how to navigate around Zoom - turning on and off your camera, turning your sound on and off, adding virtual backgrounds, in addition to recording audio and video of yourself for the pre-recorded numbers. We will help you with this, but know that there will be work for you outside of group rehearsal time.
7. You are expected to sit up, leave your camera on, stay in frame on your camera, and participate in all group rehearsals.
AUDITIONS - Video Submission Deadline - August 23
1. Submit a video* with 2 contrasting vocal selections (no longer than 1 minute each) and a video of you telling a funny story that happened to you. *(files should be in .mov or .mp4 format)
2. Please upload a headshot and a resume (if you have one).
(Photos should be in .jpg format and resumes in .pdf)
3. Please upload your weekly schedule and any conflicts (Sept-Nov) you might have. We will do our best to create a rehearsal schedule that works with everyone's schedules. (.pdf format)
Click on the Register Button to submit your information!